Modern Atomic Theory – MCQ Worksheet – set 7
- Bohr’s research focused on
d. none of the above
- Which statement about energy levels is false?
a. They are located at fixed distances from the nucleus.
b. They are the only places where electrons can be found.
c. They have more energy when they are farther from the nucleus.
d. There are only two of them.
- Fireworks give off light energy when their electrons
a. flow to different atoms.
b. jump to a lower energy level.
c. produce electric current.
d. change from matter to energy.
- Energy levels farther from the nucleus have
a. less energy.
b. more orbitals.
c. a greater maximum number of electrons.
d. two of the above
- How many orbitals are there at energy level 3?
- Electrons bend around the nucleus instead of falling toward it because electrons behave like
- Where would you not be likely to find electrons in an atom?
a. inside the nucleus
b. attached to the nucleus
c. between energy levels
d. all of the above
Answers to MCQ Worksheet
Modern Atomic Theory – Matching worksheet – set 8
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. number of orbitals in the first energy level
2. area surrounding the nucleus of an atom where electrons are likely to be
3. scientist who thought that electrons orbit the nucleus like planets orbit the sun
4. maximum number of electrons per orbital
5. area located at a fixed distance from the nucleus of an atom where electrons can orbit the nucleus
6. wavelike particles that move around the nucleus of an atom
7. scientist who discovered energy levels
a. electron cloud
b. energy level
Answer – Matching Assignment
Modern Atomic Theory – Fill in the Blanks worksheet – set 9
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- In __ atomic model, electrons orbit the nucleus only at fixed energy levels.
- The energy level with the least energy is the one closest to the __.
- Electrons can jump to a higher energy level if an atom absorbs __.
- Electrons behave like both particles and __.
- __ are places in the electron cloud where electrons are most likely to be.
- The second energy level has four orbitals and a maximum of __ electrons.
- If atoms lose energy, some of their electrons may jump to a(n) __ energy level.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)
Fill in the Blank