Last updated on June 12th, 2021 at 02:03 pm
This post presents 9 sets of worksheets on topics like Atoms, the history of atoms & Modern Atomic Theory. The worksheets consist of 3 MCQ worksheets with answers and 6 other exercises. Solving these test papers will give a boost to the level of preparation of the students taking up various examinations.
Atoms – MCQ Worksheet – set 1
- If an atom were the size of a football stadium, the nucleus would be about the size of a
a. microwave oven.
- The number of protons in atoms is
a. the same for all atoms.
b. unique for each element.
c. always equal to the number of neutrons.
d. none of the above
- The strong force
a. affects only nearby particles.
b. is stronger than electric force.
c. is not effective if the nucleus is too big.
d. all of the above
- A neutron has the same mass as a(n)
- A nitrogen atom has an atomic number of 7 and a mass number of 14. How many protons, neutrons, and
electrons does it have?
a. 7 protons, 14 neutrons, 7 electrons
b. 14 protons, 7 neutrons, 7 electrons
c. 7 protons, 7 neutrons, 7 electrons
d. 7 protons, 7 neutrons, 14 electrons
- If an atom loses electrons, it becomes a(n)
- How many neutrons are there in the most common isotope of hydrogen?
Answers to MCQ Worksheet
Atoms – Matching worksheet – set 2
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. electrically neutral atomic particle inside the nucleus of an atom
2. atom that differs in its number of neutrons from other atoms of the same element
3. negatively charged atomic particle that moves around the nucleus of an atom
4. positively charged atomic particle inside the nucleus of an atom
5. type of particle that makes up protons and neutrons
6. charged particle that forms when atom gains or loses electron(s)
7. tiny region at the center of an atom that contains protons and neutrons
Answer – Matching Assignment
Atoms – Fill in the Blanks worksheet – set 3
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- The smallest particle of an element that still has the element’s properties is a(n) __.
- Most of an atom’s mass is contained in the __.
- Atoms have the same number of electrons as __.
- Protons and neutrons are held together in the nucleus by the __ force.
- The SI unit for the mass of an atom is the __.
- The number of protons in an atom is its __ number.
- The number of protons plus neutrons in an atom is its __ number.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)
Fill in the Blank
- atomic mass unit (amu)
**Use the navigation buttons below to go to the next pages of this worksheets (get 6 more worksheets in next 2 pages)