MCQ worksheet on Ionic bonds (with answer) – set 2
- When metallic elements become ions they
a. gain electrons.
b. become positively charged.
c. become negatively charged.
d. two of the above
- Which two elements could form an ionic compound?
a. carbon and oxygen
b. hydrogen and nitrogen
c. lithium and fluorine
d. boron and neon
- Which statement about energy and ionic bonds is true?
a. It takes energy to form a negative ion.
b. Halogens need the most energy to become ions.
c. It takes energy to remove valence electrons from an atom.
d. It takes more energy to gain two electrons than one electron.
- Which of the following compounds is not an ionic compound?
a. barium oxide
b. lithium oxide
c. carbon dioxide
d. calcium chloride
- Properties of ionic compounds include
a. high melting points.
b. high boiling points.
d. all of the above
- Ionic compounds are good conductors of electricity when they are
a. shaped into wires.
b. dissolved in water.
c. formed into crystals.
d. made of two metals.
- In which of the following elements is the valence electron farthest from the nucleus?
a. lithium (Li)
b. sodium (Na)
c. potassium (K)
d. rubidium (Rb)
Answers to MCQ Worksheet
Multiple Choice (answers)
**Worksheets are placed in multiple sub-pages. Use the pagination buttons below to navigate among the related sub-pages.
5 MCQ Worksheets [MCQ] on Chemical Bonding | Multiple Choice Questions from Ionic, Covalent & Metallic bonds – Chemistry