Current Electricity (physics) – MCQ worksheets with answer + other exercises from Electric Current or Electricity chapter
Current Electricity – MCQ Worksheet (with answer)
- For an electric charge to move from one position to another, there must be a difference between the two
a. electrical conductivity.
b. electric potential energy.
c. kinetic energy of particles.
d. resistance to electric charges.
- Sources of voltage include
b. solar cells.
c. chemical cells.
d. all of the above
- Batteries produce electrical energy by
a. moving electrodes.
b. chemical reactions.
c. thermal transfer.
d. nuclear fusion.
- Which of the following materials is an electric conductor?
- An example of an electric insulator is
c. dry air.
- Properties that affect the resistance of material include its
d. all of the above
- If a wire with a resistance of 4 ohms is connected to a 12-volt battery, how much current is flowing through
a. 48 amps
b. 16 amps
c. 4 amps
d. 3 amps
Answers to MCQ Worksheet on Current Electricity
Match the definition with a term – Matching worksheet of Electric Current chapter
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. material that has low resistance to the flow of electric current 2. electric current that flows in only one direction
3. opposition to the flow of electric current
4. material that has high resistance to the flow of electric current
5. any continuous flow of electric charges due to a difference in voltage
6. electric current that keeps reversing the direction in which the current flows
7. difference in electric potential energy between two positions
a. alternating current
b. electric insulator
c. electric current
d. direct current
e. electric conductor
Answer – Matching
Fill in the Blanks – worksheet from Current Electricity
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- __ is measured as the amount of charge that flows past a given point in a certain amount of time.
- The SI unit for electric current is the __.
- The SI unit for voltage is the __.
- A battery in which the electrolyte is a paste is called a __.
- The __ electrode of a battery gives up electrons.
- A photovoltaic cell uses __ to produce voltage.
- The SI unit for resistance is the __.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)
Fill in the Blank
- dry cell