Electronics (physics) – MCQ worksheets with answer + other exercises
Electronics – MCQ Worksheet (with answer) – set 1
- Examples of electronic devices include
b. cell phones.
d. all of the above
- Electronic signals are encoded in electric current by changing the
- Silicon can conduct current when it contains very small amounts of
a. boron or phosphorus.
b. copper or aluminum.
c. carbon or oxygen.
d. plastic or rubber.
- The type of electronic component that can be used to increase the amount of current flowing through a circuit
- Current flows very rapidly through an integrated circuit because the circuit
a. is extremely small.
b. is part of a transistor.
c. contains just one electronic component.
d. is made from an electric conductor such as copper.
- The computer microchip that provides temporary storage for programs and data that are currently in use is
d. none of the above
- The role of the motherboard in a computer is to
a. store important information such as start-up instructions.
b. allow other parts of the computer to communicate.
c. provide long-term storage for programs and data.
d. carry out program instructions.
Answers to MCQ Worksheet
Match the definition with a term – Matching worksheet from Electronics chapter
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. electronic signal created by repeated pulses of voltage 2. tiny flat piece of silicon that contains layers of many electronic components
3. electronic component consisting of two semiconductors
4. electronic signal created by continuous changes in voltage
5. use of electric current to encode information
6. electronic component consisting of three semiconductors
7. material that conducts current better than an insulator but not as well as a conductor
b. analog signal
c. digital signal
d. integrated circuit
Answer – Matching Assignment
Fill in the Blanks – worksheet from Electronics chapter
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- An electronic code that consists only of 0’s and 1’s is called a(n) __ code.
- Semiconductors are made mainly of the element __.
- A(n) __ semiconductor is like the negative terminal of a chemical cell.
- A(n) __ semiconductor is like the positive terminal of a chemical cell.
- The type of electronic component that can change alternating current to direct current is a(n) __.
- The type of electronic component that can be used as a switch is a(n) __.
- The microchip that provides permanent storage in a computer is called __.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)