Electric Circuits (physics) – MCQ worksheets with answer + other exercises
Electric Circuits – MCQ Worksheet (with answer) – set 1
- In much of the world, Most home circuits have a voltage of
a. 20 volts.
b. 30 volts.
c. 60 volts.
d. 230 volts.
- How many resistors are there in the circuit represented by this circuit diagram?
- Electric power is expressed in the SI unit called the
- The power of an electric device can be calculated if you know the circuit’s
d. two of the above
- The electrical energy used by a 1000-watt microwave that runs for 30 minutes is
a. 0.5 kilowatt-hours.
b. 3.0 kilowatt-hours.
c. 15 kilowatt-hours.
d. 500 kilowatt-hours.
- A ground-fault circuit interrupter is found in
a. almost all electrical devices.
b. the main breaker box in a house.
c. some electrical outlets.
d. all of the above
- Which of the following is an electric safety rule?
a. Never go near fallen electric lines.
b. Do not plug too many devices into one outlet.
c. Never plug-in electric devices when your hands are wet.
d. all of the above
Answers to MCQ Worksheet (Electric Electric Circuits)
Multiple Choice answers
Match the definition with a term – Matching worksheet from Electric Circuits chapter
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. any device that converts some of the electricity in a circuit to another form of energy
2. any closed loop through which electric current can flow
3. rate at which a device changes electric current to another form of energy
4. circuit with two (or more) loops through which current can flow
5. device that measures the flow of current through a circuit
6. device used to control the flow of current in a circuit
7. circuit with one loop through which current can flow
b. series circuit
c. electric circuit
d. electric power
f. parallel circuit
Answer – Matching Assignment (Electric Electric Circuits)
Fill in the Blanks – worksheet from Electric Circuits chapter
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- A(n) __ occurs when the electric current follows a shorter path than the intended loop of the circuit.
- A switch that automatically opens a circuit if too much current flows through it is called a(n) __.
- A(n) __ outlet contains a tiny device that monitors the amount of current leaving and returning to the outlet.
- The round prong on a three-prong plug safely carries any stray current to the __.
- All electric circuits must have a voltage source and a(n) __.
- The voltage in a circuit can be measured with a device called a(n) __.
- The type of circuit commonly found in a flashlight is a(n) __ circuit.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)
Fill in the Blank answers
- electric short
- circuit breaker
- GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter)
Note: If any typing error or any other kind of error is seen on this page, you may send us a mail with details. Read the disclaimer page.