Fluid Pressure (physics) – MCQ worksheets with answer + other exercises
Pressure of the fluids – MCQ Worksheet (with answer)
- Why do fluids exert pressure?
a. They are heavier than solids.
b. Their particles are constantly moving.
c. Their force is applied to a small area.
d. They crowd together in the smallest possible space.
- When the same force is applied to a smaller area, the pressure is
d. the same.
- What is 50 kPa expressed in pascals?
a. 500 Pa
b. 5000 Pa
c. 50,000 Pa
d. 500,000 Pa
- If a force of 200 N is applied to an area of 0.5 m2, the pressure is
a. 40 Pa.
b. 100 Pa.
c. 400 Pa.
d. 2000 Pa.
- The pressure of ocean water increases as the water
a. gets closer to shore.
b. becomes deeper.
c. gets shallower.
d. two of the above
- When the same amount of pressure acts over a larger area, it exerts
a. a greater force.
b. a smaller force.
c. the same force.
d. a weaker force.
- Birds can fly because air pressure is
a. greater below than above their wings.
b. greater above than below their wings.
c. the same on both sides of their wings.
d. transmitted through their wings.
Answers to MCQ Worksheet on Pressure
Match the definition with a term – Matching worksheet from Pressure chapter
Match each definition with the correct term.
1. a push or pull
2. SI unit for pressure
3. the upward force that allows flight
4. pressure in a moving fluid is less when the fluid is moving faster
5. change in pressure is transmitted equally throughout a fluid
6. use of fluid pressure to increase force and do work
7. liquid or gas
b. Bernoulli’s law
e. Pascal’s law
Answer – Matching
Fill in the Blanks – worksheet from Pressure chapter
Fill in the Blank: Fill in the blank with the appropriate term.
- __ is the result of a force acting on a given area.
- The unit N/m^2 is also called __.
- Force can be calculated by multiplying the area by __.
- As you go deeper into the ocean, the pressure exerted by the water __.
- Air pressure of the atmosphere is greatest at __.
- __ law explains why toothpaste squirts out of a tube when you squeeze the opposite end.
- __ law explains why an airplane can take off from the ground.
Answer – Fill in the Blank (answers)
- sea level