Last updated on October 8th, 2023 at 01:41 pm
Motion questions physics – practice problems – set 2
These questions on Physics numerical for class 9 motion can be tried by the students for practice.
78) A car moves 100m due east and then 25 m due west. (a) What is the distance covered by the car? (b) What is its displacement?
79) A person walks along the sides of a square field. Each side is 100 m long. What is the maximum magnitude of displacement of the person at any time interval?
80) In the hare-tortoise race, the hare ran for 2 min at a speed of 7.5 km/h, slept for 56 min, and again ran for 2 min at a speed of 7.5 km/h. Find the average speed of the hare in the race.
81) A bus takes 8 hours to cover a distance of 320 km. What is the average speed of the bus?
82) The maximum speed of a train is 80 km/h. It takes 10 hours to cover a distance of 400 km. Find the ratio of its maximum speed to its average speed.
83) An object moves through 10m in 2 minutes and the next 10 m in 3 minutes. Calculate its average speed.
84) A car moves through 20 km at a speed of 40 km/h, and the next 20 km at a speed of 60 km/h. Calculate its average speed.
85) A boy leaves his house at 9.30 a.m. for his school. The school is 2 km away and classes start at 10.00 a.m. If he walks at a speed of 3 km/h for the first kilometer, at what speed should he walk the second kilometer to reach just in time?