In this post, we will see how to write a program to arrange an array of data in ascending order in an 8085 microprocessor..
Algorithm to Arrange an Array of data in ascending order in 8085
- Initialize HL pair as memory pointer
- Get the count at 4200 into C register
- Copy it in D register (for bubble sort (N-1) times required)
- Get the first value in A register
- Compare it with the value at next location.
- If they are out of order, exchange the contents of A register and Memory
- Decrement D register content by 1
- Repeat steps 5 and 7 till the value in D register become zero
- Decrement C register content by 1
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 till the value in C register becomes zero
8085 microprocessor program to Arrange an Array of data in ascending order
REPEAT: MOV D,C
LOOP: MOV A,M
SKIP: DCR D
4200 05 (Array Size)
4200 05(Array Size)
Thus the given array of data was arranged in ascending order.