Last updated on March 19th, 2023 at 04:49 pm
In this post, you will find the required algorithm, & 8085 program code To perform the addition of two 8 bit numbers using the 8085 microprocessor. Also, you will get the observation and result.
Algorithm for Addition of Two 8 bit Numbers using 8085
1) Start the program by loading the first data into Accumulator.
2) Move the data to a register (B register).
3) Get the second data and load it into Accumulator.
4) Add the two register contents.
5) Check for “carry“.
6) Store the value of the sum and “carry” in the memory location.
7) Terminate the program.
Program for Addition of Two 8 bit Numbers using 8085
MVI C, 00 Initialize C register to 00
LDA 4150 Load the value to Accumulator.
MOV B, A Move the content of Accumulator to B register.
LDA 4151 Load the value to Accumulator.
ADD B Add the value of register B to A
JNC LOOP Jump on no carry.
INR C Increment value of register C
LOOP: STA 4152 Store the value of Accumulator (SUM).
MOV A, C Move content of register C to Acc.
STA 4153 Store the value of Accumulator (CARRY)
HLT Halt the program
Input: 80 (4150)
Output: 00 (4152)
Thus the 8085 microprocessor program to add two 8-bit numbers was executed.