There are some important updates for the students who are going to appear for JEE Main 2020.We are listing down those for your convenience and quick reference.
JEE Main 2020 – change in Question pattern
1) The next JEE main examination is supposed to be conducted between January 6 and January 11, 2020.
2) Applicants in the BE / BTech exam will have to answer 25 questions each from mathematics, physics and chemistry instead of 30 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from each of these subjects, which they used to solve until this year.
So there’s a modification in the number of questions. Instead of 90 questions, students will have to answer 75 questions in a fixed time.
3) Of these 25 questions from each subject, 20 will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and five will be numerical-based questions.
4) Candidates will not be given any choices to choose from in the numeric type of questions, rather they will have to write down the answers.
5) There will be no negative marking for numerical questions, but for MCQs, one mark will be deducted for each incorrect attempt.
The experts are in the opinion that the numerical type of questions may become the game changers this time for JEE Main 2020.
With no hint on the answers (it’s not mcq), students have to be cautious while solving these problems, and of course, within a given time limit.
Some experts are hinting towards emphasizing on specific chapters to prepare for these numericals questions.
Related Study guide /notes/Problems
Sources: hindustantimes , deccanchronicle
Disclaimer: Pls check with official resources/sites,if you have any doubt. The data and information are collected from newspapers.