Physics Problems and Questions for School and Competitive Examinations and Tests
Here we are publishing a large number of physics problems and questions, with selective hints as well. These numerical problems and questions are distributed among 7 sets of Questions for you. The first set (Set number 1) is being published on this post body itself and rest of the sets (6 more) are being embedded in a pdf file, which is also available right on this page for you. Standard of these sets is MEDIUM (not so hard). Please check and attempt these . We are coming up with more numericals in coming days, which will have harder sets as well.
Physics Problems and Questions: Question Bank-Set Number 1
1) A stone is falling freely from rest and the total distance covered by it in the last second of its motion equals the distance covered by it in the first 3 seconds of its motion. How long does the stone remain in air?
2) A circular track of radius 100 m is banked at an angle of 30°. If the coefficient of friction between the wheels of a car and the road is 0.5, then what is the (i) optimum speed of the car to avoid wear and tear on its tires, and (ii) maximum permissible speed to avoid slipping?
3) Velocity of an object is V1=8 m/s towards N and velocity of a different object is V2= 6 m/s towards West. Determine V1-V2.
4) A 20 kg iron block is kept on a horizontal table. It is pulled with a rope which is at 30 degree with the horizontal floor. If coefficient of friction is 0.4 then what is the minimum force required along the rope to pull the block?
5) What is the value of coefficient of static friction of an inclined plain where a mass of 50 kg is tending to slip downwards when the angle of inclination is made 15 degree?
6) What is mechanical advantage?
7) A force of 200 N makes an angle of theta with the X axis and has a scalar Y component of 30 N.
Find both the scalar X component of the force and angle theta.
8) Write and derive the work energy theorem.
9) A 50 kg bucket is being lifted by a rope. The rope will not break if the tension is 525 N or less. The bucket started at rest and after being lifted 3 meter , its moving at 5 m/s. If the acceleration is constant, is the rope in danger of breaking?
10) Two blocks of 4 kg and 5 kg are in contact on a frictionless table. If a force of 3 N is applied on 2 kg block, then what will be the force of contact between the 2 blocks?
11) Can we have the value of coefficient of friction more than one?
12) Define equilibrium of a system?
13) An object of mass M kg moving with a velocity of 20 m/s is stopped in 2 secs by applying a force against its motion. What is the magnitude of the force?
14) Can you deduce the first law of Newtonian motion from the 2nd law?
15) ‘Pulling’ a box or ‘pushing’ it on the horizontal floor. Which one is easier and why (show with FBD / Vector)
Question Bank-Set Number 2-7 (Physics Problems and Questions)
As said earlier, 6 more sets with awesome numericals and questions are here for you, within the following embedded pdf. Just scroll with the tools given and solve the challenges. If you want links to good online materials on fundamental physics, then please subscribe the newsletter by filling up the ‘subscription form’, it is not going to take even a minute. Remember to validate your email ID in this process.Physics Question Bank 7 sets_V2